[squid-users] Using squid as an SSL/TLS endpoint/unwrapper for other protocols

From: Ahmed Talha Khan <auny87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:48:23 +0500

Hey All,

I am interested in knowing how i can use squid as an SSL endpoint for
protocols other then HTTPS. The scenario is that i want to use its SSL
handling capability and use it for some other protocol which is going
inside SSL. This requires hooks into the squid code-base. I assume
that the design being modular, will offer ssl handling layer with
interfaces connecting it too the main Data Processing engine for HTTP.
I want to tap into that interface and use the ssl layer output, which
should be plain-traffic. Since SSL output is not protocol specific, i
would be able to use it for any protocol that i want.

Can anbody give me hints where to start in the code and what to look
for? Also is there anyother way?

--
Regards,
-Ahmed Talha Khan