Re: [squid-users] FTP option ftp_epsv

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 11:46:28 +0200

On 15.05.12 04:27, Nil Nik wrote:
>Please reply i need help on this.

EPSV is new, IPv6 compatible version of PASV, aka FTP passive mode.

If an intermediate firewall does not understand that, you can fail
connecting to FTP server.

In fact, it should be up to FTP server's admin to disable the EPSV
mode on EPSV-capable FTP server behind the firewall without EPSV
support.

You should only care of EPSV when you are behind such firewall, but you
will apparently need it even for cases your customers use your squid
for accessing such servers.

My mind is like a steel trap - rusty and illegal in 37 states.