Re: [squid-users] acl forbidden_domains dstdom_regex "file.txt" with huge file fails

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:02:11 +1200

On 20.06.2012 04:52, Stefan Bauer wrote:
> Dear Developers & Users,
>
> we want to use
>
> acl forbidden_domains dstdom_regex "file.txt"
>
> with a 30 MB file. Squid is instantly terminating if this acl-stanza
> is set active. Where can and do we have to tune squid settings to
> achive this?

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#Sending_Bug_Reports_to_the_Squid_Team

"
Any bug report must include

     The Squid release version
     Your Operating System type and version
     A clear description of the bug symptoms.
     If your Squid crashes the report must include a coredumps stack
trace as described below

Please note that:

     bug reports are only processed if they can be reproduced or
identified in the current STABLE or development versions of Squid.
     If you are running an older version of Squid the first response
will be to ask you to upgrade unless the developer who looks at your bug
report immediately can identify that the bug also exists in the current
versions.
     It should also be noted that any patches provided by the Squid
developer team will be to the current STABLE version even if you run an
older version.

"

Most of these details are needed to answer the question you have asked.
In particular;
   what Squid version?
   what is Squid logging when it terminates?

Try running "squid -k parse" to see if anything is noted to stdout or
the cache.log.

If nothing useful is displayed add "debug_options ALL,9" to your config
file and try running "squid -N -k parse". The developers will need a
copy of your cache.log from that parse attempt in order to debug this
further.

Amos