Re: [squid-users] Cache API

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 12:24:49 +1200

On 10.07.2012 07:32, Abhishek Chanda wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> I was wondering if there is a documentation for the fields reported
> by
> CacheManager. I was looking at the objects report and I assumed,
> 'File
> 0XFFFFFFFF' means that the hex code is a hash of the file and 'GET
> http://www.iana.org/domains/example/' means that the original
> requester issued a HTTP GET for the page
> http://www.iana.org/domains/example/. Is that correct?

Nope. "Swap Dir -1, File 0XFFFFFFFF" means there is no disk file for
this object. You will see it is on objects also having the flag
SWAPOUT_NONE. There is related flags IN_MEMORY indicating whether it is
an object in the RAM cache, or not. Objects which are NOT_IN_MEMORY and
SWAPOUT_NONE have no cache entry at all.

The "GET ..." part is the request method and URL (if known) where that
object was retrieved. Only in-use or recently used objects have those
details.

"Swap Dir X, File 0Xnnnnnn" means the disk file number/name "nnnnnn" on
disk in your cache directory contains this object. The nnnnnn maps to
sub_dir/sub_dir/file on that cache_dir #X according to its cache_dir
L1/L2 values.

> Also, I could not find any documentation for squidpurge and ufsdump
> in
> the website. Where can I find one?

The cache dump tools don't have much in the way of documentation. It's
rare that anyone needs to use them outside of the developers debugging
cache problems.

ufsdump takes one parameter, the full path of the file to be opened and
its meta data displayed.
squidpurge has -? option to display its command line usage.

Amos