Re: [squid-users] Please help test a streaming problem through squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2012 17:14:41 +1300

On 8/11/2012 4:33 p.m., Peter Olsson wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We run squid as a caching proxy. No transparency
> or intercept in any form, and the only way out is
> through the squid proxy server. Web browsers use
> either wpad or hardcoded proxy configuration.
>
> Streams from www.dn.se/webbtv don't work. The commercial
> part first in every stream works fine, but when it's
> time to switch to the main stream it just stops and the
> screen goes black.
>
> Our production squid runs 3.1.21, and in a lab server
> I have tried with squid 2.7.STABLE9, 3.2.3 and
> 3.3.0.1-20121107-r12377. Same problem in all versions.
> The configuration in the lab server squids have been
> exactly as they were default installed, except that I
> enabled cache_dir ufs in all of them.
>
> Any ideas about this?

Can you define "stream" in terms of the actual protocol taking place?

There are many types of protocol involved with streaming. Squid only
supports the HTTP and ICY streaming protocols. RTSP, RTMP, VoIP, VoD,
SPDY and WebSockets streaming are not specifically supported by Squid
(may require CONNECT tunnel access, but that is as close as it gets).

and what agent is being used as a client?

Sadly not all applets or embeded clients are capable of using an HTTP proxy.

Amos