[squid-users] Squid as proxy with interception

From: Magali Bernard <Magali.Bernard_at_univ-st-etienne.fr>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 16:33:30 +0100

Hello,

After many years with squid as a proxy-cache combined with the proxy.pac or
WPAD client configurations, we are considering to use squid as a proxy with
interception (WCCP2) on our whole university site.

The reason essentially lies on complaints from users with their browsers
configurations, but also with applications that can not talk to a proxy...

We'd like to know if interception is widely used and approved.
Some feedback, good or bad experiences, would be precious for us.

Regards,

Magali BERNARD - DSI pôle Système, Réseau et Sécurité
Université Jean Monnet Saint-Étienne - FRANCE
-