Re: [squid-users] No logs to access.log

From: Peter Olsson <pol_at_leissner.se>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 10:15:19 +0200

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 09:47:01AM +0200, Utterheim Mats wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We just upgraded our squid to 3.2.8 and found that we don't get any
> access-logs anymore.
> squid.out and cache.log are still logging as they should, but no access.log
>
> I have tried to remove the access.log and when squid is restarted it
> creates a new access.log with the right permissions, but it is left empty.
>
> config is the standard for access_log:
> access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log squid
> logfile_daemon /usr/lib64/squid/log_file_daemon
>
> What are we missing?

I had the exact same problem this weekend,
upgrading from 3.1 to 3.2. Are you using
"log_access" in your configuration?
Our problem turned out to be that log_access
seems to have changed from implicit accept
to implicit deny. Our logging started working
when I added this at the end of our log_access:
log_access allow all

Peter Olsson