Re: [squid-users] adobe updates constantly re-downloading

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 21:08:58 +1200

On 29/05/2013 7:18 p.m., Marko Cupać wrote:
> On Wed, 15 May 2013 21:36:51 +0800
> csn233 <csn233_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Have you tried commenting out range_offset_limit and quick_abort_min?
> Sorry for my late reply. In the meantime i upgraded to squid-3.3.4_1,
> which did not solve the problem. But then I remembered your suggestion,
> and removed range_offset_limit and quick_abort_min. Updates from adobe
> are now downloaded fine (no constant re-downloading without ever
> finishing), but not cached.
>
> It is not such a big problem as my uplinks are can handle those.
> However, saving some bandwidth would be nice, so if someone knows how
> to do it please send a line.

Do you have or able to get a copy of the request and reply headers
between Squid and the Adobe servers for these transactions. That will
help determine what Squid is doing or able to do with them.

In 3.3 you can set "debug_options 11,2" to obtain a cache.log trace of
the HTTP headers going through Squid. (may produce big logs on a busy
proxy).

Amos