Re: [squid-users] Squid performance profiling

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:21:10 -0300

On 06/20/2013 06:51 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>> If anyone is interested with very detailed benchmarks, then I can provide them.
>
> Yes please :-)
>
> PS. could you CC the squid-dev mailing list as well with the details. The more developer eyes we can get on this data the better. Although please do test a current release first, we have significantly
> changed the ACL handling which was one bottleneck in Squid, and have altered the mempools use of memset() is several locations in the latest 3.HEAD code.
>
> Amos

I understand that Amos is eager to get more tests and more results about
the latest enhancements, but as Amos himself also stated earlier, please
use a released version of Squid for testing since the test results for
3.3.x or 3.4.x are interesting for admins of Squid who can consider upgrading,
but test results for 3.HEAD are not useful for them since they are not likely
to consider an upgrade to 3.HEAD.

And if you have spare resources, it would be interesting to perform the
same test for 3.3.5 and 3.2.11 to see the differences between releases.
And of course, when 3.4 comes out, perform the test again...

The test that you performed is very nice. I am sure that many like this.
But I also like to see the full squid.conf. Just for transparency and
maybe to suggest an optimisation tweak.

Thanks
Marcus