Re: [squid-users] squid-3.3.5 hangs the entire system

From: Grant <emailgrant_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:06:17 -0700

>> Sorry to top-post. Any more ideas with this?
>
> No sorry. Everything else that usually causes "hangs" on the entire system
> is due to CPU consumption or RAM consumption. Which you do not seem to be
> having.

I mentioned briefly a little while back that upgrading from 3.3.5 to
3.3.6 prevented the system from hanging, although SSH latency does
increase when trying to load a page. Browsing is still extremely slow
or times out altogether, but only for some websites like
google.com/nexus. squid-cache.org loads fine for example.

> Your experiments with Firefix seem to confirm the low-traffic speed issue
> being the cause of slow response. But you should still get a full response
> even if it is slow, and no hanging effects on the rest of the system.

I just tried ziproxy with the same result as squid. Any idea where to
look for the problem?

- Grant