Re: [squid-users] external_acl_type helper exiting

From: Warren Baker <warren_at_decoy.co.za>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:18:03 +0200

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il> wrote:
> OK so a pesudo code of the helper would be nice.
> datastore used:(what nosql engine?)

Redis.

> I assume it's a simple test of "is the ip exists?"
> in a case of yes then reply with OK
> in a case that it dosnt' exits reply with ERR.

Well yes to a point, but the helper does more than just query "does
the ip exist?".
The check includes certain profile specific checking, time based
checking and a few other things.

> This is exactly what I was writing my helper for.
> The golang helper might be nice but how closed can it be??

See above.

> the pesudo is not a secret and the code can be reproduced in a matter of
> minutes\hours\days in a case that the programmer knows what he does...

I am happy to provide a basic helper which queries redis to see if an
IP is allowed or not and return the relevant result.
I have mailed the WikiAdmin to create an account, I will then also add
an example.

thanks

--
.warren