Re: [squid-users] Apache Traffic Server vs Squid

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 02:44:33 +0300

Hey There,

I am trying to understand a bit more.
I would not try to compare 100Mph to 100Mph of a BMW to SUBARU...
I do not recall any squid vs apache goals comparison.
The PDF you mentioned is a vey nice ones.

You can test squid and ATS yourself and understand the differences
between the two..
Since squid is bundled in many OS I know of and the language used to
configure etc this is the first choics but..
There is no need to lock your self on one specific software in general.
I like ruby as a scripting and programming language and it's based on C
while squid based on both C and C++..

I cannot and wont say that ATS or squid is good or bad or other stuff
but these:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/UbuntuTproxy4Wccp2
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/KnowledgeBase/CentOS

And Still I am not sure that there is a need to try to write articles
here and there about squid dis and advantages.

If you do have something in mind that you can compare be my guest..

Regards,
Eliezer