[squid-users] Re: Cannot get basic_ldap_auth to work with AD

From: Brig <rdyz4me_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:08:19 -0800 (PST)

Sounds like good advice!

'squidauth' was just an example I was using for this forum. We have two AD
accounts that we have created for these kinds of authentications so I cannot
just easily go change the passwords yet I can request a new account.

Both of those accounts though have long complex passwords with non
alpha-numeric characters! I have always enclosed the passwords with single
quotes to be safe yet that appears to have not helped and neither of these
accounts/passwords have worked with the Squid basic_ldap_auth helper
program.

I will request the AD admin to create a new account with a password that
only has the alpha-numeric characters and I will test that.

Thx!

Brig