Re: [squid-users] Re: Large rock problem

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 22:38:40 -0700

On 12/22/2013 06:04 AM, Ayham Abou Afach wrote:
> Hi Alex
> After having problems with large-rock branch of squid i moved to test
> the other one collapsed-fwd
> and testing the last release but um still having some problems:

> FATAL: Squid has attempted to read data from memory that is not present.

Please test collapsed-fwd branch r12592 (or later): I do recall seeing
the above error within the last month or so. IIRC, I fixed it.
Unfortunately, I cannot recall which Squid code base had it. I hope the
changes that went into collapsed-fwd r12589 or r12592 are it, but I do
not really know so please update and test r12592 (or later).

> This is an indication of of (pre-3.0) code that hasn't been updated to
> deal with sparse objects in
> memory. Squid should coredump.allowing to review the cause.

I am guessing your Squid did not dump core after printing the above.
IIRC, mine did not have the code to do it (a different bug). If you did
get a core, please post a backtrace:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting

HTH,

Alex.