Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.4.2 workers dying then re-spawned ones don't process connections

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 07:49:40 +0200

Hey Will,

About the 3.4.2, what OS are you using?
Is it a self compiled version of squid?
"squid -v" will give the basic idea of the squid configurations.

In order to verify if there is or there isn't a limit of FD that is
being reached there are couple tools that are available.
One is the /proc/ FS which can show the number of FD that is being used
by each and every one of the instances of squid.
The other one is "lsof" which you can filter using a "grep" command or
the internal options such as PID and\or SOCKETS.
the ulimit command in couple variations can indicate the basic limits:
ulimit -aH
ulimit -aS

Note that the squid cache-mgr interface has lots of information if
available.

Are you using cache_dir ?

Eliezer