Re: AW: [squid-users] Squid 3.4 sends Windows username without backslash to external wbinfo_group helper

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:14:37 +0200

Hey Alex and Markus,

For now we do have a solution to more issues that we had in the past.
This is one of the greatest things!!
One step at a time we do see that we find every one of the issues.
I have tried to write some lightweight helper to verify couple issues.
The src code is at:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/EliezerCroitoru/Drafts/AdaFakeHelper

The above code is one of the lightest helpers that do exist.
it is not too portable but it shows what is the difference between a
ruby\perl\python script to a code which is written in a compiled language.

the memory print of this software is below 512 Bytes but I am still not
sure if it's 512 bytes or KB in either it is one of the simplest scripts
that do exist and can be tested to verify couple issues.

Eliezer