[squid-users] adaptation_serve,icap_service, reqmod_precache and respmod_precache

From: Scott Mayo <scotgmayo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 08:39:23 -0600

Could someone give me a breakdown of how these work? I have read on
the squid configuration, but want to make sure I am understanding them
correctly. The reading was a bit over my head.

I was setting up qlproxy and trying to completely understand them.

Here is what is in that config:
icap_service qlproxy1 reqmod_precache bypass=0 icap://127.0.0.1:1344/reqmod
icap_service qlproxy2 respmod_precache bypass=0 icap://127.0.0.1:1344/respmod
acl qlproxy_icap_edomains dstdomain
"/etc/opt/quintolabs/qlproxy/squid/icap_exclusions_domains.conf"
acl qlproxy_icap_etypes rep_mime_type
"/etc/opt/quintolabs/qlproxy/squid/icap_exclusions_contenttypes.conf"
adaptation_access qlproxy1 deny qlproxy_icap_edomains
adaptation_access qlproxy2 deny qlproxy_icap_edomains
adaptation_access qlproxy2 deny qlproxy_icap_etypes
adaptation_access qlproxy1 allow all
adaptation_access qlproxy2 allow all

I know lines 3 and 4 are just the list of flat text domains and such.

I assume the adaptation_access means to use icap service instead of
Squid doing the acl?

I guess reqmod is the request for something and respmod is the
response. Why are the edomains blocked on both qlproxy1 and qlproxy2
and the mimes are only blocked on qlproxy2? I would just like a
simple broken down version of what those first tow icap_service lines
actually do I guess and maybe that will help me totally understand.

Thanks.

--
Scott Mayo
Mayo's Pioneer Seeds   PH: 573-568-3235   CE: 573-614-2138