Re: [squid-users] Is it possible to mark tcp_outgoing_mark (server side) with SAME MARK as incoming packet (client side)?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 00:41:32 +1300

On 15/03/2014 6:46 p.m., Amm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to mark outgoing packet (on server side) with SAME MARK as on incoming (NATed or CONNECTed) packet.
>
> There is option tcp_outgoing_mark with which I can mark packets.
>
> But there is no ACL option to check incoming mark.
>

> If there is already a way to do this then please guide.

"No patch is needed to preserve the netfilter mark, which will work
 with all variants of netfilter."

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/qos_flows/

Squid default action is to pass the netfilter MARK value from client
through to the server. All you should need to do is *omit*
tcp_outgoing_mark directives from changing it to something else.

Amos