Re: [squid-users] Is it possible to mark tcp_outgoing_mark (server side) with SAME MARK as incoming packet (client side)?

From: Amm <ammdispose-squid_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 21:13:15 +0530

On 03/15/2014 08:03 PM, Amm wrote:
> On 03/15/2014 05:11 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>> On 15/03/2014 6:46 p.m., Amm wrote:
>>> I would like to mark outgoing packet (on server side) with SAME MARK
>>> as on incoming (NATed or CONNECTed) packet.

>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/qos_flows/
>>
>> Squid default action is to pass the netfilter MARK value from client
>> through to the server. All you should need to do is *omit*
>> tcp_outgoing_mark directives from changing it to something else.
>>
>> Amos

> Oh that's great, thanks, I did not know this.
>
> However, I tried this but somehow I am not able to get it working
>
> Please let me know what could be wrong.

Ok I read further on that link itself, somewhere it says:

disable-preserve-miss
        This option disables the preservation of the TOS or netfilter
        mark. By default, the existing TOS or netfilter mark value of
        the response coming from the remote server will be retained
        and masked with miss-mark.
        NOTE: in the case of a netfilter mark, the mark must be set on
        the connection (using the CONNMARK target) not on the packet
        (MARK target).

First, it says to use CONNMARK and not MARK. I tried with CONNMARK as
well but it did not work.

Second, it says its for response coming from the remote server.

My question however was to pass on mark from client side to server side.
i.e. reverse of what above paragraph says.
(But your earlier reply said client to server - so there is confusion)

Any idea?

Regards

Amm