[squid-users] Re: Duration Access Limits

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 04:17:36 -0700 (PDT)

>Unless I am getting it wrong ...are you telling me to find (or
propose) a solution to my problem?<
I proposed a possible solution using squid, however, must be implemented
(programmed) by yourself, as not available AFAIK.

> Must it be external? Such
tend to be slow.<
Not necessarily, as the result of the auth helper might be cached within
squid, so number of accesses to this helper is reduced.

>Is there another open source solution I can implement besides
tinkering with the existing squid installation? <
You might have a look at "mikrotik.com". Their hotspot system within RoS
should be able to do, what you want. Their hardware is really cheap, and not
so bad. As there is also a huge forum regarding scripts, you should find
something suitable on the spot.
BTW: You might use squid as an upstream caching proxy for your MT-box, if
you want. Simple to implement.