[squid-users] Squid Question about method GET

From: MIGUEL ANGEL AGUAYO ORTUÑO <ma.aguayo_at_alumnos.upm.es>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 12:53:42 +0200

Hi all,

My name is Miguel A. Aguayo, I'm working on a proyect and have some
question about squid

The proyect consist in:

I have a server with Video content formatted in 3GP-DASH standard
I'm transferring this content to a client using Multicast through FLUTE
standard

In the client I have apache2 and squid

What I'm trying to do is a squid config that caches the method GET of a
VLC client trying to reach the content in my server
and pass the value of the method get to a perl executable that checks in
the apache local server to see if the content is in
the client if it's in the client apache redirect to that content and if
not let the method GET go to the server for the content

I have implemented a redirector that just send the petitions to
localhost but with out the intelligence needed to see if the file
exist or not in the client apache.

My question is how to pass the value of method get to a perl program,
because I haven't seen an example like that

Thanks
Best Regards
M.C. Miguel Ángel Aguayo Ortuño
maao_at_outlook.com