Re: [squid-users] Squid Question about method GET

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 17:47:49 +1200

On 10/04/2014 2:27 a.m., MIGUEL ANGEL AGUAYO ORTUÑO wrote:

> I had this config befor
>
> acl my_url dstdomain jakjak.dit.upm.es
> redirector_access allow my_url
> redirect_children 1
> redirect_rewrites_host_header off
> redirect_program /etc/squid/dashcheck.pl
>
> but this configuration only aims for the destiny domain
>

> and I'm trying to use this configuration to match the file types I want
>
> acl my_url urlpath_regex \.(mpd|m4s)$
> redirector_access allow my_url
> redirect_children 1
> redirect_rewrites_host_header off
> redirect_program /etc/squid/dashcheck.pl
>
> but the thing is that when I enter
>
> http://jakjak.dit.upm.es/mpd/sintel.mpd
>
> It doesnt enter to the redirector
>
> why??

With the information provided your dashcheck.pl helper SHOULD be
receiving the URLs you indicated.

The URL provided seems not to exist for public access, so I am unable to
perform any kind of checks verifying the accuracy of your statements
about the URL. The below is a *guess* about where the likely problem
*might* be...

Perhapse the statement made earlier about the URL syntax was incorrect
- which would make your regex pattern also incorrect.

The URI path segment matched by urlpath_regex contains both resource and
query sub-segments. If there is any query-string on the URLs your
pattern MUST account for it somehow.

Also, with an explicit redirect_access directive present only requests
which meet the ACL criteria are sent to the helper. The implicit default
in your above config is "redirector_access deny all".

I suggest removing the redirect_access and ACL while you perfect what
the helper is doing. Last I heard you were trying to figure out where to
locate pieces of the helpepr input. Has that been resolved with the info
provided earlier?

Amos