Re: [squid-users] Re: Cache Windows Updates ONLY

From: Nick Hill <nick_at_nickhill.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 06:37:21 +0100

On 11 April 2014 05:15, babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de> wrote:

> I very doubt ".... to be the same ..." . Because this would not make sense.
> youtube does something similar for their videos, and there the tokens
> contain add info like resolution of the movie, as it is distributed in
> different ones. Depending upon actual connection speed, for instance.

I performed a SGA1 checksum on the downloaded file. The checksum was
6fda48f8c83be2a15f49b83b10fc3dc8c1d15774

The file was downloaded using wget, with the tokens. This matches the
part of the file name between the underscore and period.

The only thing we need for Squid to match, is the part of the URL
between the underscore and period. If the checksum matches, we know
the content we are serving up is correct.