[squid-users] Squid Advice

From: Lee Kemp <lee_at_shimmersystems.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 22:51:20 +0100

Hello Squid Mailing List (my 1st post :) )

Looking to setup a small squid proxy for around 12 mobile devices
without the need to add a proxy to the devices, because the network i am
doing this for already has a firewall (which we have no direct control)
and an "upstream" proxy does there need to be any configuration changes
on the firewall or can squid just be told there is an upstream proxy and
requests are forwarded to it.

the reason i ask is because i have tried to use some other router
distro's Smoothwall Express for example and they have not been able to
forward any of the https traffic. I don't have an essential need for the
local proxy to cache internet pages, simply to provide a connection is
enough.

Any hints or tips appreciated

Thanks

Lee