[squid-users] SNMP cacheClients

From: Matthew Ceroni <matthewceroni_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:11:37 -0700

I am monitoring my squid server via SNMP and graphing in Cacti. Of
particular importance to me is the number of clients which is a graph
of the cacheClients statistic (1.3.2.1.15.0). The graph shows we reach
a maximum of 1300 clients.

This seems a bit odd to me as we only have around 200 users. Even if
you double that (each user has their desktop and wireless device) you
don't get anywhere close to 1300. Therefore what is this SNMP value
truly reporting? What constitutes a client? Is it per IP?

Thanks