[squid-users] Re: Simple content "filter" by external program

From: agent_js03 <justinmschw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 06:34:28 -0700 (PDT)

I think that ICAP using respmod is the easiest way to do this... I guess that
otherwise there is netfilter.

Do you have language preferences? You say you want an easy way to do it; As
I've always said, if you want something done easy, do it in python. I used
the pyicap library to implement an ICAP content filter. It is ridiculously
easy to use.

https://github.com/netom/pyicap

As far as transparent proxying is concerned this is possible in squid.