ICP & HEAD requests

From: Chris Wedgwood <chris@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 13:00:14 +1200

Is there any reason ICP can't/shouldn't support HEAD requests between
two siblings?

I've been using wget among other things to thrash a cache in testing
and compare it against a unit in production.

At one point, I loaded some data into a production cache using `wget
-m' and then tried to compare it with a test unit.

I expected the test-unit would haul it down fairly fast from its

Because wget issues a HEAD before GET, the test cache was unaware the
production unit already had the cached data (because it doesn't send
ICP HEAD requests) and hence had to go direct.

-cw