-O vs -O2, revisited

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 21:49:51 +0800

Hi,

gcc under FreeBSD 4.3 is still generating some invalid code
with -O2.

Its the same problem that was reported in the squid-2.4pre's,
where gcc generates an xor reg, reg in the beginning of some
routine in the internal DNS handling.

Can we please default back to -O?

If people want to use -O2 they can override it, but I think more people
are going to have serious issues with gcc -O2 as they start installing
freebsd-4.x.

And no, its not a freebsdism, its a gcc-under-a-non-linux-i386-platform
ism. :(

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"How could we possibly use sex to get
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  what we want?