Re: Squid-2.5

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:40:23 -0600

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Hi fellow Squid hackers.
>
> I propose we branch Squid-2.5 real soon now and make a official
> PRE-STABLE release, or is there any known issues that must be addressed
> first?
>
> During the last months the activity in Squid-2.5 has mostly been bug
> fixes and small cleanups. I don't think we will gain much in continuing
> doing this much longer. The code is the way it is, and until it receives
> a broader testing I don't think many new problems will be discovered.
>
> Sure, there is some of a backlog of known problems registered in
> Bugzilla for both HEAD and Squid-2.4. Any help in trying to clean some
> of those up is highly appreciated. There is today a total of 82 open
> bugzilla entries.
>
> http://www.squid-cache.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

Ok, I'll take a look at closing up some of these.

I'd really, really like people to consider putting in the tosrcaddacl
and the chunked_mempools branches into squid-2.5 before testing,
as I'd like those tested.

Oh, come to think of it - the tosrcaddracl branch was already approved
to go in, but I haven't done it yet. Hrm. Guess I'll get on top of that.

Are there any build issues with squid-HEAD atm? sh bootstrap.sh ;
./configure .. should work, right?

Adrian