Re: 2.5 profiling

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 03:13:17 +0100

On Thursday 22 November 2001 02.13, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> So far, running aufs, squid-2.5 has been able to hold up an 80req/sec
> load (on a celeron 500). Any more than 80req/sec and I flatline the CPU
> and cause squid to go into spiralling sudden death, but that may
> also be due to the restricted CPU in my (current) polygraph testing
> machine. I'll try it from a faster machine today.

How far do you get if you disable caching?

That CPU should be capable of a lot more than 80.

What is your drive configuration?

> I currently can't debug the squid-aufs code under irix, as gdb doesn't
> do threaded applications at all. I'll do a trial run in a couple of days.

Under Linux before GDB knew about Linux Threads one could at least debug the
main thread.. or attach the debugger specifically to the pid of some other
thread. But I guess this is a positive byproduct of the way Linux Threads are
implemented (1-1 kernel threads using what looks like processes to everyone
uninvited)