Re: How can I help Squid Team

From: Gerard Eviston <geviston@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 20:17:54 +1000

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:46 am, ssdoria@ig.com.br wrote:
> Currently my
> 2nd and 3th languages are English and German. So, my interestings about
> Squid project are:
>
> - Translate FAQs to Portuguese(Brazilian);
> - Translate Users Guide to Portuguese(Brazilian);
> - Translate Configuration Guide to Portuguese(Brazilian);
>
> and my best idea:
>
> - Develop a subproject to reorganise the documentation files, to make
> possible non-programmer people easily change them. The first impact of this
> is invite more people of more countries to translate and improve
> documentation.

Hi Sidney, and welcome.

I speak only for myself here, but it's nice to see the growing interest in the
Squid documentation. It's badly in need of an update, especially with the
release of Squid 3 hopefully not far away. There has been some success in
recent efforts with various howto guides, Oskar Pearson's
squid-docs.sourceforge.net and of course Visolve's configuration guide, and
the Team's ongoing updates to the docs on www.squid-cache.org. Unfortunately,
the work seems to be mostly independent, so I think it's a great idea to form
an "official" subproject, or consolidate under an existing one.

I'm currently working on converting the FAQ to DocBook XML and I can
contribute my work so far. I'm not very familiar with SourceForge, but maybe
it's the best choice. Are there such things as subprojects there? If not, I
wonder if we can help revive Oskar's project...

Regards
Gerard