Re: Squid slow during cleanup

From: Martin Gleeson <gleeson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 12:02:32 +1000

You wrote:
>- The above stuff is the obvious things to do (at least for me), but
>- this will get them out of the way and others can add their "obvious" fixes.
>
> A co-worker pointed out to me that the above line can be mis-construed
>to be an insult to Martin and others, that was not my intention and I
>apologise
>for it.

No need to apologise - I still can't see how it could be construed as an
insult (unless someone had a chip factory on their shoulder :-). Thanks for
your very helpful suggestions.

Just for general information - I was remiss in not posting my full squid.conf,
and thereby left out the vital information that I had increased the default
TTLs for http and ftp objects, which looks like the contributing factor to
our problem. I have adjusted these now and will see how things go.

Again, thanks to Neil Murray, Mark Treacy, Ong Beng Hui and others for their
helpful suggestions.

Cheers,
Marty.
Martin Gleeson Webmeister | http://www.unimelb.edu.au/%7Egleeson/
Information Technology Services | Email : gleeson@unimelb.edu.au
The University of Melbourne, Oz. | Phone : +61 3 9344 7407
       "I hate quotations" -- Ralph Waldo Emerson; Journals (1843)