Re: ACL extensions

From: Robert H. Ross <rross@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 17:46:05 -0400 (EDT)

I have a large list of sites that we wish to reject access to. Currently
the process for setting up ACL is not condusive to a large list. Your
reference to reading separate ACL files probably will address this.
Secondly, and more importantly, since your ACL process is linear, a large
list is cause for excessive delays. Some type of hash table or database
lookup would probably resolve this issue.

Those are my most pressing issues. Additionally, I would like to see ACL
support for PICS. This is not as pressing but it would be desirable.

Thanks again,
Bob

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Duane Wessels wrote:

> My answer sort of depends on what you're after actually. If
> you just want to be able to read in a huge list of sites, thats
> easy. If you're more interested in optimizing the ACL checking
> routines, thats different.
>
> I could probably have support for reading separate ACL files
> in a week or two.

Robert H. Ross, "Bob" President,
rross@supernet.net Fourth Wave, Inc.
Southeast Regional Director PO Box 38023
Netware Users International, NA Tallahassee, Fl 32315
Administrator for supernet.net (904) 216-1618 - voice
Florida's on-ramp to the (904) 216-1623 - fax
Information SuperHighway. (904) 216-1576 - on-line