Re: OSF/1, cc and squid 1.1-beta4

From: <tom@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 08:34:52 +1000 (EST)

> As a side question, a friend of mine told me I had to wipe out my cache if
> I go for 1.1.*. Can anyone confirm or deny please ?

Yeah. The 1.0 and 1.1 cache formats are different. What you can do is
run a very cut down 1.0 Squid on the old cache, and make your 1.1 Squid
feed off the old cache (when we transferred over we managed to pull about
200 Mb from old 1.5Gig cache using this method in a week).

It doesn't work well with CERN though, in the days of 1.0beta Squid I only
managed about 5Mb from our 1 Gig of old CERN objects (in a week).

tom@iacom.com.au