POST through parent / ERR_CLIENT_ABORT

From: Ernest Yik <ERNEST@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 12:11:00 +0000 (HKT)

Hello Squid users,

     I am now using squid-1.1b21 on a Linux 2.0.23, and have two questions :

1. POSTing through parent :

The machine running squid is on network A and has a slow link to the outside
internet world. This squid has a parent, which is on network B and has a
faster link. The log files show that all POST requests did not go throught
the parent. The "icpHierarchical" code in "icp.c" seems to only allow
METHOD_GET to go through the cache hierarchy, that is, POST/HEAD and other
requests will be directly handled by this squid.

As far as I know, the only method to make POST/HEAD etc to go through the
parent is to specify "inside_firewall". However we have a
"hierarchy_stoplist" which we must connect directly. Can anybody advise the
configuration that I should use to POST/HEAD through the parent, without
using inside_firewall?

2. ERR_CLIENT_ABORT problem with quick_abort :

Has this problem been fixed? I am still seeing a lot of ERR_CLIENT_ABORT
once I enabled the quick_abort feature.

Thanks for all information.

Regards,
Ernest