Re: ftp proxy from Macintosh doesn't work

From: Cefiar <cefiar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 19:27:00 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Takuya Mori wrote:

> Though I can use ftp proxy from my Macintosh version of
> Netscape Navigator 3.01, cannot use from anarchie 2.01
> and fetch 3.01.

You may find you can specify squid to an ftp program's cache option as..

http://your.machine.net/:3128

Note the http:, which if the ftp program is smart, will realise this is a
http style ftp cache, and call it correctly using the http protocol
instead of the ftp protocol.

> Does anyone know how I can use squid's ftp proxy from those
> ftp client program on Macintosh?

The problem may be the support of the software on the macintosh.

Only other thing I could think of (and it's silly, but 'should work', is
someone writing a small program to recieve proxy ftp requests and pass
them to squid as http style requests. Unfortunately no one has written
such a program.

| http://amarok.glasswings.com.au/ | cefiar@amarok.glasswings.com.au |
| Jake and Elwood - The Blues Brothers! |
| "You traded it?! You traded the Blues Mobile for this?" |
| "No. For a microphone." "A microphone? OK I can see that." |