Squid & Netscape "shortcut"

From: Dave Pascoe <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 1997 14:14:07 +0100

You know that cute little feature in Netscape that lets you type in,
say, just 'apple' in the Location window and it then tries, in turn:

apple.com
www.apple.com

? Many of our users like this feature...so much, in fact, that I've run
into this as an obstacle to the company-wide deployment of my Squid
cache.

Has anyone implemented this rewriting in Squid? Is it undesirable?
If there's demand, I may take a stab at it and submit diffs to the
development team.

Please email your replies to me and I'll summarize.

Dave Pascoe
dave@mathworks.com