Cache in multiple disks

From: Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 97 9:05:37 GMT

(Please reply to me and I'll sumarize, because I'm not in the list.)

Hello:
        I'd like to know how to tell Squid to use X Mbs of space in, say,
/usr/cache1, and Y Mbs in /usr/cache2 (another disk), where the available
space in, for example, /usr/cache1 is bigger than X Mbs. In other words:
I want Squid to use two disks, but I'd like to control how many Mbs in
each. Do any of you know how to achieve this?

        I was also wondering how many connections does Squid open to
fectch a page an its images. It first gets the html, then images one
after the other, as oposed to the browser which opens many connections
simultaneously, right?

        Thanks in advance for your help.

Fernando P. Schapachnik
S&M Internet