Re: FTP Client Help

From: Dave Zarzycki <zarzycki@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 97 13:09:04 -0700

On 9/26/97 11:20 AM, Peter Christy (pchristy@mdr.zd.com) wrote:

>So -- will SQUID do what we want? We've tried the obvious FTP client
>suspects (e.g. Fetch and Anarchie on the Mac) and neither works so far
>(show that they request connection but it doesn't ever happen). Is there
>anything unobious about the SQUID setup to accomplish our goals?

Ah, ftp-proxies are different that http-proxies making ftp requests.

What needs to be done is either have the ftp client support http style
proxy servers, or have all of your users start using a client such as a
web browser that supports ftp requests to a http proxy.

If you want the gory details of what is going on, e-mail me directly.

I personally would love it if Fetch and Anarchie supported http style
ftp-proxies...

davez

Dave Zarzycki Student
Workgroup Server QA Tester San Jose State University
Apple Computer, Inc. zarzycki@ricochet.net
zarzycki@apple.com dave@zarzycki.ml.org

PGP Fingerprints:
DSS/Diffie-Hellman: CB9E 2621 B4BA 3F96 3516 B312 15B4 D842 3809 EF99
RSA: 8AF2 1040 8A9C D025 47BE 70DD A51C C887

Contact pgpkeys.mit.edu for my public keys.