Re: On-line monitoring

From: Michael Samuel <michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:27:49 +1100 (EST)

The cache manager (comes with squid) does this.

Just remember, it is hard to tell what's been accessed at the precise
moment, unless you tail -f access.log, as http requests generally don't
stay alive for long, unlike an ftp connection.

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, David Mauro Pendenza wrote:

> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 02:40:00 -0300
> From: David Mauro Pendenza <cholo@caspa.frlp.utn.edu.ar>
> To: squid-users@nlanr.net
> Subject: On-line monitoring
>
> Hi:
>
> We have an installation with 4 squids running as parents and siblings.
> I'm interested on have a tool for monitoring the activity on each
> workstation accesing the proxy-cache... I mean... a sort of 'live'
> report (a table... or something else) that can list the current sources
> (ip's or fqnd's) and which domain are they currently accesing. Is there
> an application like this?... or somebody trying to implement it?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> David.
> http://www.frlp.utn.edu.ar

Michael Samuel,

Surf-Net City - Internet Cafe and Internet Service Providers
Phone: +61 3 9593-9977
E-Mail: <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>
WWW: http://www.surfnetcity.com.au/~michael/