squid.conf (udp_incoming/outgoing_address)

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <zeeb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:33:17 +0100

Hi

I do have problem in understanding the tcp_incoming/outgoing_address and
the udp_incoming/outgoing_address fields.

My squid is running on my own network (say squid should be bound to
10.1.1.41) and I do have one parent from which everything is fetched
(say 195.x.xxx.xxx). I´m connection to that via a dialup-account with a
dynamic ip. Even if squid doesen´t use the icp if there is only one
parent, I would want to know how I schould configure it, because in the
near future there will be a second parent and in the squid.conf is
written : " NOTE, udp_incoming_address and udp_outgoing_address can not
have the same value since they both use port @CACHE_ICP_PORT@." So
udp_incoming_address and udp_outgoing_address should be both 0.0.0.0 .

Thanks
Bjoern Zeeb