Re: Squid 1.2b19 on NLANR caches broken

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 17:08:57 -0500 (EST)

Although not a real "fix" for the problem, I have had source_ping active
for some time now along with the ICMP pinging and connect-retry patch to
help with parent cache problems. At the moment I also have the NLANR
caches as siblings (before they had 1.2 (which has connect-retry) I
encountered all kinds of lag problems with them). I havn't expieriences
any of the problems you describe with my configs.

Some of the IIS problems might be with the site, not the software. A lot
of IIS-hosted sites are also using ASP and the "expired 5 minutes ago"
junk. Not much that can be done about things like that unfortunatly :-(

        -Bill