Re: Squid Disinformation

From: Alfonso Correas <acserra@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 17:03:35 +0200

John Lauro wrote:

> Actually, most commercial software is hundreds to thousands, not
> bazillions. I have also seen people state that *some* of the
> commercial packages *are* better, and *some* are worse. (Not that they
> are enough better to pay for...) Very few people who have actually
> tried other packages reported squid to be better. One notable
> exception, is Microsoft's (it is clearly worse then squid). If you
> have tested any commercial proxies I would love to hear your results.

Yes, we tested everything that announces some kind of web caching, from
the horrendous MS Proxy, to the several versions of Netscape Proxy
servers (plus surf packs) and some other non-common caching software
like Netcache and others, hand by hand Squid beats to the two firsts and
is reallyt at the same level of performance to netcache.

--
Regards,
        Alfonso Correas