Re: squid as relay, or plug-gw (fwd)

From: Ricardo Kleemann <ricardo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 16:35:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

thanks for the last few emails about this subject.

I'm pretty much a layman on this subject so I'm still not sure if my
original question was answered... I need to use a transparent proxy/relay
for accessing a CGI application, where a browser connects to a local web
server, then that server transparently relays access to a CGI app which
resides in a remote location.

plug-gw was suggested but it may not be ideal since it runs off inetd.
Someone else mentioned tcpserver, and I'm confused as to whether tcpserver
would work for what I need.

Now I'm also hearing about masquerading...

I'm still confused. ;)

thanks!!!
Ricardo