Re: wget, squid and auth option

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:00:29 +0200

Pedro wrote:

> Or you can use a valid userid on wgetrc. Look this parameters on
> wgetrc:
>
> http_proxy = http://proxy-server:port/
> ftp_proxy = http://proxy-server:port/
> proxy_user =
> proxy_passwd =

Next time I'll remember to read the info page as well, and not rely on a
man page on a piece of GNU software.. ;-)

These are available using command line arguments as well as wgetrc
commands.

`--proxy-user=USER'
`--proxy-passwd=PASSWORD'
     Specify the username USER and password PASSWORD for authentication
     on a PROXY server. Wget will encode them using the `basic'
     authentication scheme.

But I did learn how to encode basic authorization using perl, which I
needed in my small testsuite anyway.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker