Re: SSL, IE3 works, Netscape3/4 doesn't ???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 22:23:24 +0200

Mark Reynolds wrote:

> Well, I think you're right. When I set my 'Secure Proxy' to be another
> squid server, either 1.1 or 1.2, Netscape 3 works fine to an SSL page.
> Set both http and secure proxies to be the same server, and you can't
> access ssl pages.

Sounds very much like the problem I reported some day ago. If it is the
same problem then the requests gets listed in the access log with a full
URL instead of "CONNECT servername". I did not expect this Netscape
problem to be visible when using Squid 1.1.X.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker