Re: why Squid 2 overruns cache size ?

From: Charles Dale <chuckd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 12:41:23 +1100

I'm seeing a similar problem, not sure if it's related.

Basically, as the cache fills up the disk usage increases, but I see
strange results from a df -k, where the total disk space is reported as
6400megs with 5400meg used, but there are only 200megs available. Squid
eventually reaches the limit and resizes the swap size down a few
hundred megs and things return to normal. Setting the disk size lower I
can see the disk usage (as reported by df) fill up to near 95% and then
drop off significantly, before Squid reaches 90% and starts LRU. The
usage appears to stabilise after the cache has been full for a few days,
then I can increase the cache_dir size.

Any ideas?

Chuck