Re: illigal character in hostname

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 17:21:19 +0100

Robin Breyl wrote:

> > urlParse: Illegal character in hostname 'mymachine1_0'
>
> Changing the hostname is not an option in our environment here,
> so I wonder if this check for the own hostname can be disabled
> either in the config file, or in the source code.

Add
#define ALLOW_HOSNAME_UNDERSCORES
  to src/squid.h
rm src/url.o
make install

And be warned that modern bind installations chokes on _ characters.

Another option is to set up a alias name without _, and configure Squid
to use this name with the visible_hostname option.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker