Proxying PHP Pages

From: Steve Judge <sjudge@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:57:35 +1000

Hello everyone,
We just recieved the email below from a gaming company on the internet at
www.digitaladdiction.com concerning caching of PHP pages and cookies.

A couple of questions:
1) I didn't think that squid cached cookies ?
2) Dynamic PHP pages, are these the same as cgi's and should we include
them under the stoplist part not to cache or fetch from neighbors etc ?

I've also emailed the company concerned suggesting that their product
should be more proxy aware as they are a fact of life on the internet now
instead of adding isp's to a ban list that are running " aggressive
cacheing practices " as they put it.

>I'm writing from Digital Addiction, a game company. Our game, Sanctum, is
>played over the Internet.
>One of our players uses Globec as her Internet Service Provider. She has
>problems accessing our registration-required web pages because of your
>company's cacheing practices.
>We believe that your aggressive cacheing practices do not respect our
dynamic >PHP web pages as dynamic.
>Our shared customer consistently gets expired cookies. Can you recommend a
>solution? We do not want to include Globec on our list of ISPs
>that are incompatible with our game. I hope we can find a way for our
shared >customer to continue her relationship with both companies.

Steve Judge
Managing Director
Globec Internet Services Pty Ltd
http://www.globec.com.au/