Re: Configure error messages?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 02:21:43 +0100

Josh Kuperman wrote:

> I would like to provide customized error messages for TCP_ACCESS_DENIED
> and customized login screens for authentication. I'd like the error
> message to incorporate all kinds of information based on the IP
> address of the machine, the time of day, and the acl and http_access
> rule that triggered the error.

deny_info can be used to select different error pages. It selects a
error page based on the last acl verified for the request, or put in a
simpler way, the last acl on the "http_access deny" line which denied
the request. So by carefully construct your http_access controls you can
select error pages on close to any criteria.

Please note that you can not change the apperance of the login box. This
is built into the browser. What you can change is the text message
"under" the login box (visible if the user selects cancel). Also note
that selecting different authentication failure pages only works in
Squid 2.2 (when released). Earlier Squid versions used a hard coded
error page name for authentication.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker